Posted: July 18th, 2022
You may use any of the following prompts when to write your paper.
1) Describe the primary conflicts faced by the protagonist in “Barn Burning,” and describe how he resolves these conflicts. If there is no resolution, then speculate on why he refuses to resolve his conflicts.
2) Why do Gurov and Anna fall in love in “The Lady with the Pet Dog”?
3) Explain how the author of “Solid Objects” and “The Man Who Loved His Kind” uses the ideal of beauty as a tool for social critique.
4) Why does Susan commit suicide in “To Room Nineteen”?
5) In “Zaabalawi,” the narrator seeks out the title character to see if he can heal his affliction. He never actually finds Zaabalawi, but he is cured anyway. Why?
6) Locate the passages where Botchan refers to Kiyo. In what contexts/situations is she recalled? Why at these times? What do these passages reveal about Botchan?
7) Balram is obviously guilty of murder, but we might nevertheless view him as a moral as opposed to an immoral character. Present an argument for seeing him as a moral character.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.